Skip to main content

Oh My Goodness...I've started a business

When I was a kid I would envision starting a business some day.  I would choose a location, rent a space, get inventory of some sort.  My advertising would be on point and eventually I would rule the world.  In this information age I realize that times have really changed.  I can start a business online, not carry inventory, and advertise a product that I have never even tried before and get money from advertising said product, all the while talking about another product.  If only my 8 year old brain could see this now. 
I've decided on a website builder, my host is built into the builder so I don't need to worry about that.  The fact that I know the difference between the two is amazing.  This class has really opened my eyes to the wonderful world of web design.  My goal for this semester is to get traffic to the site, and ultimately sell something.  I am sure if my grandma knew about it, she would buy something for sure (if push comes to shove, I may drop her a text.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it take to run a successful online business?

So really, what does it take to run a successful online business?  I have been pondering this question for a few days now as I work through my ads for my campaign online.  I think you need to have some basic tech skills, and you need to know how to make your ad stand out above the rest.  In the video I watched this week they suggested making each letter in your ad a capital. While this goes against everything I learned in 2nd grade English class, I think it came in handy for the ad building.  Not only did it make my ad stand out, but it was pretty easy to read.  I also put a few keywords into my ad so that it would trigger the Adword coding and get me to the top of the search.  Now I am ready to launch my first ad campaign.