Skip to main content

The SEO talk

I sat down with my kids last night and gave them the talk.  You know the one...I started out asking them what they knew about SEO and how to get your keywords to show up on a search.  I took my computer to them and showed them some data I gathered from Google Analytics and asked them to help me interpret the data.  After reading up on SEO and Landing pages this week I decided to tweak my keywords a bit and make some changes to my website.  First, I changed the title of my photos to include some keywords.  Second, I added some keywords to my landing page so that the customer would know they came to the right website.  I want to watch these changes for a couple of days and see what the net result is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it take to run a successful online business?

So really, what does it take to run a successful online business?  I have been pondering this question for a few days now as I work through my ads for my campaign online.  I think you need to have some basic tech skills, and you need to know how to make your ad stand out above the rest.  In the video I watched this week they suggested making each letter in your ad a capital. While this goes against everything I learned in 2nd grade English class, I think it came in handy for the ad building.  Not only did it make my ad stand out, but it was pretty easy to read.  I also put a few keywords into my ad so that it would trigger the Adword coding and get me to the top of the search.  Now I am ready to launch my first ad campaign.