Skip to main content

The case of the keyword search

Once there was a small business that wanted to sell online.  The owner of the small business didn't know how to get customers to purchase her amazing product so she researched it...online.  What she found was information overload.  It would seem that to have an effective advertising campaign you need specific keywords that help your customers find your website.  But they can't just be any old keywords.  They have to be specific enough to link people to you, and broad enough not to let anyone fall through the cracks.  If the business owner can manage this small task, then she will make a million by Monday and it will rain gumdrops from the sky. Now off to brainstorm keywords that could make or break me.  Wish me luck.         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it take to run a successful online business?

So really, what does it take to run a successful online business?  I have been pondering this question for a few days now as I work through my ads for my campaign online.  I think you need to have some basic tech skills, and you need to know how to make your ad stand out above the rest.  In the video I watched this week they suggested making each letter in your ad a capital. While this goes against everything I learned in 2nd grade English class, I think it came in handy for the ad building.  Not only did it make my ad stand out, but it was pretty easy to read.  I also put a few keywords into my ad so that it would trigger the Adword coding and get me to the top of the search.  Now I am ready to launch my first ad campaign.